Sunday, October 14, 2012

FreshPaper



In the October issue of Prevention Magazine, I read an article about FreshPaper.  The article was just a short one, quoted here:

Preserve Your Produce
Tired of fruits and vegetables getting mushy and brown before you eat them?  Toss a sheet of FreshPaper into your bowl or crisper and your produce will keep 2 to 4 times longer.   We tried it, and it works!  "Our customers say it's like a dryer sheet for your fruit," says inventor Kavita Shukla, who created FreshPaper with spices from a home remedy her grandmother in India made for her as a child.  The main ingredient:  sweet-smelling fenugreek, which inhibits bacterial and fungal growth.  $5 for 8 sheets at select Whole Foods stores or at fenugreen.com. "

I have to say that I am intrigued by this product and would like to try it.   As usual, when I want to buy something, I check Amazon first, but didn't find it there.   It is sold at Whole Foods, but we don't have one of those stores near us.   I am also wondering if this is something that I could make myself.    We buy a lot of fruits and veggies and lose some to spoilage, so I like the idea of this product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment